Monday, August 19, 2013

Single Parent Vacation



Some days as a single parent are so stressful , I feel like I am being pulled in so many directions. 
 I would just love to have a vacation getaway on some tropical island. But I know that is impossible because I would miss my children to much and secondly , I don't have the money to go to a tropical island. But I have the next best thing, I like to call them mini vacations. Once I get my children to bed, I go to the bathroom, run me a nice hot bubble bath. Turn off the lights, light some candles, place some scenic sounds like waves crashing on the beach from this sound app that I downloaded to my phone,  have my mini fan blowing , and a nice glass of wine with some chocolate. 


I can close my eyes , listen to the sounds and just enjoy my mini vacation on my tropical island. Here in the tub , I place all my worries and fears aside and just take in the moment. This is a time for reflection and unwinding so I can become the best parent that I can be. So for all my fellow single parents both male and female, the next time you are having a rough day. The very next time you want to throw in the towel but don't because you know that means more laundry for you, Why not set up shop in your bathroom and transport yourself mentally to a tropical island while soaking in a nice hot bubble bath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has been submitted and is now awaiting approval by our administration team