Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Toddler Is A Picky Eater


My toddler use to have a wonderful appetite, he would eat foods with no problem but lately he has become the world's biggest picky eater. I tried everything from letting him feed himself finger foods to even feeding him off my plate to ensure that he would eat. But it was like he was on a food strike. No matter what I need I couldn't get this child of mines to eat when we sat down to eat. I am also not a fan of throwing away food but that is what I had been doing lately with him. He would sit at the table but would just play around with the food. So I did some research online and found out that other parents had the same problem I was having and their was a common solution to this: A simple snack tray to where they can graze on it through  the day.  So that was the answer to my problem. I must say it works. I just left the tray on the coffee table filled with healthy snacks and he would play and do his thing and when he got hungry he would jus go to his snack tray and eat. I still sat him down to eat breakfast lunch and dinner with us throughout the day but I didn't have a panic attack if he just played with the food, cause I knew he had been grazing from his snack tray all day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has been submitted and is now awaiting approval by our administration team