Saturday, September 7, 2013

Making Math fun while homeschooling

Most kids shy away from math but there are ways to make math fun while homeschooling.




Styrofoam cups can be a great math manipulative and are very inexpensive. They can be used to understand place value, practice counting forward and backward, learn the names of large numbers, greater than vs lesser than and decomposed numbers to expanded form. 




Most parents who homeschool don't like for their kids to using their fingers to count. As for me , I don't mind if they do. and here is a simple trick that I found online to use your fingers when doing the 9x tables, I wished I knew about this when I was a child 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has been submitted and is now awaiting approval by our administration team